Saturday, January 23, 2016

Holiday


 December started with school ending and ended with an awesome visit from my family to the Kingdom of Tonga!

My host family graciously picking my U.S. family up from the airport.

 Lunch after the plane ride at the favourite local spot (best food in Tonga)!

My two momma's!

My brother checking out the school and library.

 A rat eaten water-bottle... there were some adjustments they had to make living the Peace Corps Tonga life during their visit, but they adapted very well.

 Waiting for the bus to town.

Checking out the Saturday market in town.

 Pineapple season!

Got some quality church time in, all dressed in their traditional Tongan attire.

After church my host family prepared a wonderful feast full of traditional Tongan foods.

Including a roasted pig!


Mom found some papaya (lesi)!

 Explored the main island
Blowholes!

Land bridge!

 Hufangalupe!


Got to meet my awesome taxi driver, who took us all around the island!

Erik got to bond with the kitty (Pinati).

Enjoyed some resort time!

Church on Christmas!

After Christmas we started our 'eva' to the big NZ!
Visited the living Maori village!

Rode up the gondola and naturally go-carted down!

'
Then my favorite human came!!! Bil joined the adventure!

Found some seals!

A cute little blue penguin!

Tried some brews at the infamous Speights Brewery!

Found some Lord Of The Rings filming sites!

Explored Auckland!

Hiked to some waterfalls!

Chilled with some Hobbits!


Naturally ate some Hobbit food!

 Explored some caves!

Jet boated around some waterfalls!

Finally headed back to Tonga with Bil, as my family left for back home!
 Bil with my host brothers!

Overall it was an amazing trip and I enjoyed every minute of it! It was definitely a much needed break and I am refreshed and ready to work hard and make my last year here count!

Happy 2016!


1 comment: