Monday, October 27, 2014

End of homestay...

Sadly our end of seven weeks is coming to an end this coming Saturday the 25th of October. Training has flown by and I am soo excited to head to site!
 However, it's very bittersweet to be leaving my wonderful host family and training group and staff.
It's been an exciting past few weeks from  Church all day Sundays to ,waking up to dog fights at 3 am, and to snorkeling on a beautiful sandy beach! There have been many ups and downs these past few weeks, from being really sick to just having rough days and it's really been amazing to see how everyone in our group has got one another's back.
I also have to give a shout out to my family and loved ones at home who have been super supportive, from listening through tearful sickly calls home (happened once so far) and random  stories about life so far in Tonga . 

What I've learned these past few weeks:
- ORS ( oral rehydration salts) is my best friend!
- fleas and Mosquitos suck but life goes on 
- mosquito nets are gods gift to the human race
- in Tonga just say yes, (whether you mean it or not)
- (tao'ulunga) dance EVERY NIGHT!

Some highlights from these past 7 weeks!
Random resort visits!
Definitely going to miss this cutie! ( so much trouble in that little smile)
Otai, the best drink on a hot, humid, sunny day, So pretty much anytime!
Making faces at church...
Palm trees and driving through the bush with my host family.
Taking lesi ( papaya) from the bush and eating it EVERDAY..
 
I've learned a lot so far and there is still so much to learn! 

I will find out my site placement October 29th, and if all goes well with language and technical tests I will be officially sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer on October 31st!

No comments:

Post a Comment