Thursday, October 16, 2014

Where I live...

Here's a couple snapshots of where I've been living the past month or so...

My room, my mom just found this mosquito net for me and it's been amazing, a hangingosquiiti net is highly underrated I must say! ( cacooning in your mosquito net like I have been the past few weeks just doesn't quite cut it :P) 
The bathroom area and freezer.
Our living room, Where we occasionally watch rugby as a family, the Tongan culture channel, or religious programming.
The field in front of our house, which is usually filled with kids and teenagers playing volleyball or just hanging out through the week.
Our back yard/ porch area where the boys will eat dinner when it's not raining or Lile will beat the tapa root ( which is used to make the decorative wraps for dancing and big celebrations.

The local cemetery. ( the graves here are above ground and very colorful)

A family of pigs that live on the and where my host parents are going to build there house!

One of the many dogs that wanders in and out of our property, generally they are not allowed inside but he was sneaky!

Our umu ( Tongan oven)

And of course the Free Wesleyan Church where we spend most of our Sunday's :)


No comments:

Post a Comment