Monday, January 19, 2015

Christmas Day!

Christmas Day was very relaxed! It was pretty tough waking up alone, definitely missed my family and loved ones  that morning! ( thank goodness for kitties...)

Later that morning I went to church at 10 am just like another Sunday.  ( this time the fan and hymn book were useful...) 
At church it was a pretty normal service except all the kids put on the nativity story through a choreographed song. It was really neat to see the nativity in a whole other language and culture and that it still held to a lot of the same things that it does to in my church in America. And Christmas songs are always fun, in Tongan and English! 

The manager scene.

The angels walking in to surround the manger.

The shepards bringing gifts to baby Jesus.


A new touch to the nativity, the flags of Tonga, New Zealand, and Australia were brought and placed in front of the manger. 

After church and lunch with my host family (who also gave me a bunch of goodies) I got to FaceTime with my whole family back in Missoula , MT which was pretty darn awesome!!!

My wonderful neighbors 2 doors downs brought me breakfast, and my other neighbors 3 doors down  gave me a Christmas gift of cornflakes and corn ( I did a little happy dance for both, by little I mean jumping for joy happy ;P)

                   Real cereal!!!! 

CORNFLAKES! Best breakfast I've had in a  long time :) 

Overall my first Christmas in Tonga was really special. The people around me from my host family , to neighbors, and fellow volunteers really showed their support and love, and I am so blessed to have such amazing people around me! I am really excited to move into this New Year and see what new adventures come about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment