Monday, January 19, 2015

Summer time shenanigans....

Summer school has been going great! This coming week is our last week and kids have showed up ready to learn every Tuesday and Wednesday except Christmas Eve ( as was expected). The numbers haves ranged from 30 to 3 but I'm really happy with what we've been able to cover and just getting to know a couple of my students for the next school year. 
On other notes , I have kept busy this summer break working with our sight word book project ( where a group of us volunteers are partnering with the local arts collective "On The Spot", to create Tongan centered books that aid teachers and students in the classroom to learn to read English. Basically we provide the format and Tongan approved text ,and the Tongan artists create the illustrations or photos for our books) Its pretty darn awesome and I'm super excited  to be apart of this project!
I've also been working with the MRE (monitoring, reporting, and evaluating) committee to help build an assessment tool for us as volunteers to collect and analyze data on our project objectives throughout the year. 
And of course on my free time going to the beach as much as I possibly can! 


Chillin with the girls and bingo the puppy on Vakaloa beach!
                 Kayla, Me, Keert!

No comments:

Post a Comment